DYSLEXIA PARENT SUPPORT GROUPS
The following is a list of groups for parents and caregivers of children with dyslexia. These groups provide information, encouragement and community for parents. Contact each group's leader with any questions.
Want to start a group in your area? Pick a date, find a place, and let us know. We'll publicize your group and can even send you a printable flier.
AMES AREA DYSLEXIA SUPPORT GROUP
- Meets: 2nd Saturday morning of the month
- Next Meeting: Saturday, March 9th, 9:30 a.m.
- Location: Ames Public Library, 515 Douglas, Ames
- Contact: Helen Blitvitch, hblitvitch at msn.com
Cedar Valley Dyslexia Support Group
- Meets: 3rd Monday evening of the month
- Next Meeting: Monday, February 26th, 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
(Note the February meeting has been moved to the 4th Monday)
- Location: Waterloo First United Methodist Church, 614 Randolph St. (Park in west parking lot and enter through west side doors)
- Contact: Emily Forssberg, emily at emilyforssberg.com and/or Leanne Klinkenberg, llklinkenberg at hotmail.com
DES MOINES AREA DYSLEXIA SUPPORT GROUP
- Meets: 2nd Monday evening of the month
- Next Meeting: Monday, March 12th, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- Location: Shepherd of the Valley Church, 3900 Ashworth Rd, West Des Moines
- Contact: Tami and Liz, dmdyslexiaparentgroup at gmail.com
ELDORA DYSLEXIA SUPPORT GROUP
- Meets: 3rd Thursday evening of the month
- Next Meeting: Thursday, March 15th, 6:30 - 7:45 p.m.
- Location: Eldora Public Library, 1202 10th St, Eldora
- Contact: Stacie Olmsted, solmsted at heartofiowa.net
Iowa City Dyslexia Advocacy and Support Group
- Meets: 3rd Wednesday evening of the month
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, February 21st, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- Location: Coralville Public Library, 1401 5th St, Coralville
- Contact: Kirsten O'Sullivan, kgisolfi26 at gmail.com
Note: This group is for parents and children and typically has monthly topics. Dr. Thomasin McCoy provides programming for youth while parents meet separately.